Saturday, May 14, 2011

Who is the Anti-Cinderella?

I am a nineteen-year old girl from the West Coast, attending a private liberal arts college on the East Coast. As that description hints, I am indeed a coast snob.

I am a Sagittarius, a Four, and a Metal Ram. Do I believe in astrology? Not really, but I think it's fun!

I've been on the internet under a variety of screennames that I will not be disclosing here, out of fear that you might dig up fanfiction from when I was twelve. I watch a lot of TV and have a lot of opinions about random things. I have terrible taste in music, which is only worsened by my singing voice, which sounds not unlike a drunken dog whose tail has been stepped on. I love the 80's and the 90's and listen to cock rock mixed in with K-pop and Fall Out Boy.

I am blogging because I think it's cool! I have a lot of friends who blog and I've met people online through their blogs and I think it's amazing how you can get to know someone through only their words. Blogging lets you connect with hundreds and hundreds of strangers all over the internet in a way that I don't think you can face to face, letting you bypass the awkward initial dance of a first meeting and heading straight into BFF-dom. When you put on the mask of an online persona, you first have to take off the mask you wear every day.

I hate scary movies but read Stephen King like a junk food addict. It is one of my favorite books of all time! I gorge myself stupid on young adult fiction and sometimes turn to literary fiction out of desperation, but sometimes it feels like when you start writing for adults, you forget how to tell the truth.

I might be the Anti-Cinderella but that doesn't mean I'm not a total girly girl at heart. I have a makeup box filled with my more outrageous and fabulous finds, and a makeup bag filled with my daily wear. I only own three dresses, three skirts, three pairs of jeans, and four shirts because I believe in the power of accessorizing! I love British TV like Misfits and Skins, but I just can't get into Doctor Who - my heart only has room for one time traveler, and that is Sam Beckett. I love kids' cartoons and am currently hooked on Phineas and Ferb and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Haters gonna hate, y'all, but I believe in the power of shows that have respectively tamed Cracked.com and 4chan.

I am not famous or glamorous or artistic. I am rude and say mean things all the time and need to watch my mouth more than I actually do, and I bite my nails in public and chew gum loudly. I am your average Jane, except I hate the word average and like to listen to myself talk more than most.

WATCH OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment